Since Joshua has turned 2, we have been looking into different potty training items! Now, we have no plans on rushing him but I do want things here when he is ready. I came across this really cool potty chair, the Potette Plus 2 in 1 Potty. This is awesome because you can use it at home and it is a great option for on the go training too!
- Contoured seat for your child’s comfort.
- Sturdy well-balanced base helps your child feel secure.
- Legs lock into place when opened.
- Folds flat so it can fit in a purse or diaper bag.
- A great potty to keep in your car, boat, camper, or RV.
- Uses self-absorbing, disposable liners that discard like a diaper.
- Disposable liners hold up to 5 ounces of liquid.
- Liners are lightly scented to absorb odors.
- Liner handles secure to the potty and tie closed for disposal.
- Drawstring carrying bag included.
- Comes with 3 super absorbent, leak-proof and easy-to-use disposable liners
- When used as a travel potty, suitable for ages 15 months and up to 50lbs.
- Easily converts to a folding trainer seat suitable for children 2 years and up to 50 lbs.
- Non-slip, durable, and comfortable.
- Hygienic – can be used on all toilet
- Fold close after use and store.
The Potette Plus retails for only $16!
When the Potette Plus arrive I have to admit, I looked at it like what the heck am I supposed to do with this. It is unlike any potty chair I have ever seen. As I checked it out and messed with it a little bit, I had my doubts about it.
I decided to set it up and let Josh check it out. That way I would get to investigate it a bit more. Well, my lovely little man is convinced that this is a hat and not a potty! So the first day he wore it on his head. Now, I did correct him but that didn’t stop him. He has such a wonderful imagination.
The second day I actually got Joshua to sit on it. He would only do so with a diaper on but anything is better than nothing. It is a step in the right direction at least. So he sat on it and then he fell off of it. To this day I don’t know why he fell, I honestly think he did it himself trying to leap off of it or something.
Eventually Josh got used to it and now sits on it like a pro. He still hasn’t actually used it but he enjoys sitting on it. He is making progress though and will sit on it without a diaper so maybe he will actually use it soon!
Since I have had no luck with Josh really using it. I looked to the girls for help. They agreed to use it only if I put it on our toilet as a trainer seat. No biggie that is part of what it is! So, I showed them how to put it on the toilet and they started using it. Both girls thought it was the greatest thing in the world. It was easy for them to use, it was comfortable for them and it fit on every toilet we put it on. It has been a huge help with Lily who is still a bit small for the regular toilet. It allows her to actually relax about while using the bathroom instead of struggling to keep from falling in.
What I enjoy most about this potty is that it is portable. It fits in my diaper bag and is perfect for public bathrooms. It keeps the kids off the public toilets and makes them more comfortable. That is huge for us! Not all potty seats actually fold up so that is my favorite feature.
The best part about this chair is it can be used anywhere! The disposable bags are perfect when you are camping or can’t make it to a bathroom. They allow the kids to use the potty anywhere and clean up is a breeze. Just let the kiddo use the potty like normal, pull the bag off, tie it and toss is it the garbage! That easy.
This has to be one of the best options I have seen, specifically for when you are out and about. Let’s face it, when you have little ones in tow, there is no telling when they will have to go.
If you have little ones that are ready for potty training, I really recommend getting this chair! Even if you only choose to use it while on the go. It is honestly the best on the go option I have seen.
*Please Note: Although I received the product mentioned above for the purpose of this review, the opinions stated are 100% mine*